Friday, January 18, 2019

Partners In Time | A History Themed Board Game

Hello all history teachers and buffs welcome to your dreams come true! 
What is it you ask? Partners in Time!
Partners in Time is a game where you join Steve Howard and Dino in their adventure from 1880 to 1990. Compete with other players to collect as many artifacts as possible and win. This is a history-themed board game that I made with SR and MT for people who love and teach history. Its fun and exciting while also having educational elements!


 
Check out the rules below!




This slideshow has pictures of some of our first prototypes before we finished the game!




This project was really a wild ride! From the start, my team and I knew that we wanted to create a fun, themed game that engaged everyone. The art from the game is inspired by the Steampunk culture and style. We decided with this style because we wanted to stand out from other time travel games. We got the idea for Steve Howard and his dog Dino when we found little figurines in a bag of bottle caps. We decided they would be the perfect characters to follow along in our game. Playtesting the game was one of my favorite parts seeing people excited and having fun while playing the game we worked so hard on really was an amazing feeling!

For Partners In Time, I designed the Artifact cards, the back of the Symbol Cards, the Symbol Dice, and the Masterpiece. I was really pushed to use skills that I knew but hadn't ever used before like, using the laser cutter and 3D printer. I even learned some lettering skills! I am most proud of the art for the cards. I think it looks so smooth and really captures the aesthetic we were going for. I think that I could improve at working in a team. I think that I was really lucky and we had a dream team but, there were times when certain aspects of the game got confused and that was fixed with better communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frontiers

 Hello and welcome to my final action project for my STEAM class Frontiers. In this action project, we were asked to create a conference pos...