Friday, March 15, 2019

Excercise in Empathy| Anorexia Nervosa

Hello and welcome to the second AP for my STEAM class Disease. In this unit, we talked about mental diseases and their impact on people. We read the book The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida which was written by a 13-year-old on the autism spectrum. Math-wise we discussed piecewise functions and point-slope form. For this AP we were called to make a presentation that would make people empathize with people experiencing a certain mental disorder. For my presentation, I did Anorexia Nervosa.
 


This AP was very interesting for me. I felt that it was a good experience to learn about anorexia. There are a lot of misrepresentations of anorexia in the media. I did not know a lot about this mental disorder until now. Hopefully, my presentation will help dispel the myths around anorexia.

Works Cited
Three, BBC. “Anorexia Recovery Story: How I Survived An Eating Disorder.” YouTube, YouTube, 1 July 2018,
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frontiers

 Hello and welcome to my final action project for my STEAM class Frontiers. In this action project, we were asked to create a conference pos...