Sunday, January 26, 2020

Put a Pin in it| A PINteresting Experiment With Pinhole Cameras

Hello and welcome to the first Action Project of my winter term STEAM course, Light, Sound and Time. In this unit, Light, we discussed whether light was a wave or particle, similar triangles, sine, cosine, tangent, and how light equals energy. We tried out a really "sweet" experiment with chocolate to show the concept of light equals energy. Finally, we began work on this action project, which is making a pinhole camera. I was very excited to do this project because one of my interests outside of school is photography, and this is a new type of photography that I have never tried before. In order to develop our photos, we took a Field Experience to Harry S. Truman College where we met with Ignacio Alvarez who took us to the darkroom and taught us how to develop photos. Sadly, my photos did not turn out as expected but, I still learned a lot about film photography and its relation to light.



Altogether I really enjoyed this Action Project because of the art element. I love it when I am able to add in my extracurricular interests into my school action projects. The most interesting part of this unit was diving into the human eye. It was cool to me to see the evolution of the human eye and to think about where it will be in another 1000 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frontiers

 Hello and welcome to my final action project for my STEAM class Frontiers. In this action project, we were asked to create a conference pos...