Wednesday, March 18, 2020

An Argument Louder than Bombs

Hello everyone! Welcome to my first digital final presentations! For this FP we were asked to create our own guiding question based on one of our core classes. My guiding question for this presentation is...

What is an argument that is important to me? 

One of my answers to this question lies in my poem: Snakes. 
I wrote this poem to perform in the Louder Than a Bomb Poetry festival. LTAB is one of my favorite extracurriculars that I participate in. LTAB has one of the most supportive communities that I know of and it is a very exhilarating experience. 

My Poem 




A syllogism is what an argument is made up of, premises and a conclusion. I went through my poem, stanza by stanza, in order to pull specific ideas that supported my conclusion.

Premise 1 people make fun of what they do not know
Premise 2 attributes that were once made fun of are now trends
Premise 3 making people's cultures into trends hurts them in the long run
Premise 4 the more popular a cultural trend is the more likely people are to "want in" on it

Conclusion There is a very fine line between cultural appropriation and appreciation. Appropriation comes from people stepping on the culture and appreciation happens from a distance.


I was a part of a team of amazingly talented poets. I created a montage of our poems to give an example of all of our arguments.




Thank you for viewing my digital final presentation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frontiers

 Hello and welcome to my final action project for my STEAM class Frontiers. In this action project, we were asked to create a conference pos...