Friday, October 12, 2018

Delillah the Dog

Hello and welcome to My second Action project for Stories. We learned about why different cultures tell fables and how a story could be passed down for so many decades. Fables are used to share values that people in each culture. Some values that I tried to put in my story were honesty, and learning about other before getting to close. In my story you will read about a trusting young pup who gets in a little trouble when looking for friends, I hope you enjoy.

TN "delilah the dog" 2018
Once upon a time, there was a dog named Delilah. Delilah was a puppy who was very kind and was very trusting of other animals. One day Delilah’s mother asked her to go on a run for errands.

“Delilah, would you please get some eggs, apples, and a ham from the store?”
“Yes, Mama” Delilah replied. “And don’t forget to wear your coat and your hat they will protect you from the cold”, her mother yelled after her.

Delilah put on her outside clothes and she was off. As she walked, she heard a voice

“Hey there, Delilah” the voice was soft and the words were slow and enunciated. “Hey Delilah, where are you going?” She finally recognized the voice. “Oh, hi Sylvester,” she said excitedly. Sylvester the snake and Delilah were friends. They went to the same school but he was older than her.
“I’m just going to the store to pick up some groceries for my mom,” Delilah said. “Oh well if you’re going to the grocery store you’re most definitely taking the long way”
“Really? I always take this way”

“Yeah yeah, this way take so long I’ll show you the short way! But, I’m so very cold, and your hat looks very warm. I can only go if you let me borrow it.”
Delilah looked at him reluctantly. Her mother told her to wear the hat for protection, but she did really want to get home soon. “ Okay, Sylvester here you go.”

 She took off of her hat and immediately shook from the cold.

“Right this way Delilah,” Sylvester said, and he slithered along. “Say, Delilah” Sylvester asked, “could I borrow your coat? We are very close to the store but I can’t go any farther unless I can borrow it.” Delilah was already cold without her hat, but she really just wanted to get home. “Sure Sylvester, since we are close to the store.”

They finally arrived at the store “okay can I have my things ba-” . When Delilah looked for Sylvester he had vanished! Delilah began to cry, when she heard another voice, “Hi Delilah!” She was relieved to hear the quick and familiar voice of Freddy the Fox. “Delilah, why are you crying?” Freddy asked
“Sylvester took all of my warm clothes and when I came out of the store he was gone!” Freddy put a hand on Delilah’s shoulder “Well you know I have some warm clothes, but Delilah I’m so very hungry! My parents sent me out to get some food, and I lost all the money on the way. They would be angry if I went back with nothing” Delilah was nervous about giving Freddy all her food, but she was so cold she thought she would freeze. “Okay, Freddy as long as you bring back some warm clothes” Delilah’s hand shook as she gave Freddy the bag. Freddy ran away.

Delilah waited and waited for Freddy to get back until it got dark. She realized that she had no idea how to get home because of the “shortcut” Sylvester took Delilah began to cry.
A car pulled up and her mother got out “Oh Delilah! I was worried sick, what happened?”
Delilah told her mom about her unlucky day. “Well Delilah this is a lesson, Make sure you know others intentions before you trust them fully”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frontiers

 Hello and welcome to my final action project for my STEAM class Frontiers. In this action project, we were asked to create a conference pos...