Friday, October 26, 2018

Hero's Journey

Hello and welcome to my last Humanities action project. In this project, I will be going through 8 stages of the hero's journey. The hero's journey is basically a shared trope between most stories with a hero 'discovered' by Joseph Cambell. In this Unit, we discussed what makes a hero other than their journey and we listed out our favorite hero stories.
This class was very special to me since I really enjoy writing and being creative. I enjoyed being able to create my own stories and even draw pictures of the characters. I look foward to using the character and story development tools I learned in this class in the near future.

I chose two heroes to compare; one real-life hero and one fictional. The real-life hero is my mother and she told the story of her moving my family out of our old neighborhood. The fictional character Ethan Morgan from My Babysitter's a Vampire. I chose this movie because it was a nostalgic Disney movie from my childhood. I chose to do my mother because she has many heroic stories from her life. Below Ethan's journey along with screenshots from the film.





Next up is my mom; her hero's journey is how she moved us away from our old neighborhood to a safer one.
Call to adventure
My mom's call to adventure was when she heard that our pastor who lived next door was held at gunpoint and robbed.
Refusal of call
At first, my mother did not want to leave and felt guilty because it was her childhood home that she was leaving.
Road of trials
For a while my mom was jobless before finding our new home, we had to move in with my grandmother.
Ultimate Boon
The ultimate boon was getting her new job at Family Rescue as a court advocate as well as getting our new home where we still live to this day.

Transcript
Can you tell me about your hero's journey?

Well, my journey, I don't know how heroic you can call it but, when I moved in with my mom into our family home in Roseland because I was pretty much houseless and without a job. So I would say that was they ground zero

What was your call to move from Roseland

I really felt bad about leaving the community because it was my childhood home, but I realized that it was very important for me to figure out a way to leave after our next door neighbor who happened to be a pastor within the community was held up at gunpoint and robbed. That was kind of a wake up call for me because our little family was my mother and my newborn daughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Frontiers

 Hello and welcome to my final action project for my STEAM class Frontiers. In this action project, we were asked to create a conference pos...